Our Datacenter is a distributed across the globe and is in fact a network of redundant server infrastructure which hosts all our Products and Services. Most of these datacenters have certain common qualifications described below –
Network & Security:
At Palcom we recognize our clients’ increasing concerns around security in today’s environment. Our security model for Datacenter Hosting is designed to address these concerns with security strategies and capabilities designed to harden different layers of the solution. For Datacenter service, Palcom combines virtualized Cisco firewalls, shared switches, dedicated VLANs, common network intrusion detection and dedicated anti-virus scanning to provide a security-rich hosting infrastructure for the Client development environment.
- Cisco firewall appliances, in a redundant failover configuration, are configured to provide each customer with a pair of dedicated virtual firewalls. These firewalls are monitored 24 x 7 by our personnel with the intention of detecting, reporting and correcting problems.
- Each cabinet housing customer servers is equipped with a pair of Cisco switches configured for high availability and used by all the customers in that cabinet. Ports and VLANs on these switches are dedicated to a customer.
- All of the incoming traffic passes through a common set of network intrusion detection appliances which are monitored and analyzed around the clock.
- Anti-virus monitoring and reporting for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux® is also included.
Power & air-conditioning:
The total incoming power is a multiple of what is required to run the datacenter. There is an ATS (Automatic Transfer switch) in place to automatically kick in a generator in case of a power failure. The datacenters are also equipped with redundant UPS systems to ensure clean power. Redundant Air-conditioning systems, each running at a fraction of their capacity, keep the server rooms cool. The units are alternated so that each one is kept in optimal condition.
Advanced Smoke Detection & Fire Protection Systems:
The datacenters are equipped with specialized fire detection and protection systems meant specifically for protecting servers as using ordinary water based systems would cause just as much damage as fire.
- Automated System;
- Fire resistant tiles;
- Fire Retardant Doors and Glasses;
- CCTV Monitoring;
- Controlled Access
Second Level Of Risk Mitigation:
- Fire Alarm System
- FM 200 Fire Suppression Systems
- VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus
- Water Leak Detection System
- FAS (Fire Alarm System)
- GAS Suppression FM200 (For Fire Suppression)
- VESDA Smoke Detection System
- Public Address System
- BMS System
Other Security Measures:
- Rodent Repellent System
- WLD (Water Leak Detection)
- Pest Repellent
- Rodent Triple Agent
Three levels of access authentication:
- 1st. Level: Manned security provided on 24 X 7
- 2nd. Level: Authentication based on access cards
- 3rd. Level: Palm Based Biometric Access to Server Hall
- 4th. Level: Palm Based Biometric Access to Cadge Area