Comprehensive, Affordable Website Security
starting at $99/year
- Automatically Prevents Attacks
- Boosts Customer Trust
- Starts Working Instantly
- Over 1 million website owners trust SiteLock
Protect Your Website
Find, Fix, Prevent, Accelerate & Comply with SiteLock
Plans & Pricing
SiteLock Web Security
- Daily Vulnerability Scans
- Automatic Malware Removal
Web Application Firewall
- Advanced Website Acceleration
- SecureStarter PLUS:
- Illegal Resource Access Prevention
- Remote File Includes Prevention
OWASP Top 10
- SecureSpeed PLUS:
- SecureSite PLUS:
- Fine-grained Settings for WAF Exceptions
- Block Access to Backdoor Files Used by Hackers
- Blacklisting of Clients, Countries, and IPs
Frequently Asked Questions
SiteLock Web Security
SiteLock is a service that performs daily scans of a website to identify vulnerabilities and protect against threats like viruses, cross-site scripting, SQL injection and even email blacklisting.
The SiteLock™ Trust Seal provides customer confidence and increases your sales and conversions.
SiteLock performs a Deep 360 Scan that encompasses:
- Reputation monitoring: ensures the reputation of the website is intact and communication to visitors and customers is uninterrupted.
- Malware blacklist: monitors search engine and proprietary malware lists to make sure the site is not blocked by search engines and browsers.
- Spam blacklist: ensures that e-mails reach customers' inbox (not their Spam folder), SiteLock verifies e-mail addresses, domains, and email servers against lists used by popular email tools to identify spam.
- SSL Verification: ensures users do not see a certificate warning or error when visiting your site.
- Network security: validates the security of the network by making sure there is no opportunity for hackers to access the server.
- Drive-by-downloads: scans the website to ensure visitors are not being infected with viruses often placed on websites by hackers.
- Customer data protection (SQL & XSS): performs forward- and backward-looking scans to make sure current and future visitor/customer data on the site is secure.
- Application security: verifies that any 3rd-party applications installed on your website are secure and up-to-date.
- Business Verification: certifies the validity of the business and provides a certification badge to display to website visitors to let them know the business or website is legitimate.
- Domain ownership: ensures that the domain owner is in control of the website domain.
- Postal Address: verifies that the site owner can receive and respond to postal mail, such as customer payments or inquiries.
- Phone Verification: ensures that there is a phone number where customers can report issues or request additional products or services.
SiteLock is a subscription service which is billed for in advance and available in one-year terms.
The list of emails that are sent come from servers -email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You may want to whitelist these email addresses.
SiteLock will inform the site owner by email, and with an alert in the SiteLock Dashboard. The report will provide complete information about the issue that is found along with help to remove it.
Site visitors will not be alerted to any problem. The SiteLock seal will simply continue to display the date of the last good scan of the website site. If the site owner fails to rectify the problem, within a few days SiteLock will remove the seal from the site and replace it with a single pixel transparent image. At no point will SiteLock display any indication to visitors that a website has failed a scan.
No. SiteLock scans won't impact the performance of a website. The SiteLock seal has no impact on load times.
The Virus scanner works by pulling the files from our daily scans and comparing them to an industry-leading database of virus signatures to determine if there is any match between your site and known malicious code. Because this is an intensive process and it is important to avoid an impact to your website’s performance, the scan is done on a rolling basis, downloading a piece of your site each day. For most sites, this process completes within 30 days.
The Site Lock product will be active once the user has paid for and configured the service, by entering the required account information
- A welcome email is sent out from SiteLock - The email contains instructions for installing the SiteLock certificate on their website
- This is an automated call that informs the customer of the 4 digit pin for their account- The customer must log in to their dashboard and enter the code for verification to be completed- If a client does not answer, they can request another call in their dashboard
- A scan of the clients website will take place within 24 hours
- Scans run late at night so typically by midnight, their site will have been scanned- If vulnerabilities are found, the client will be notified via email and message alert within their dashboard
When the scan has been completed, the client can add the SiteLock seal to their website.
SiteLock provides comprehensive website security for small businesses. SiteLock offers online businesses a smart, cost effective way to protect their business while increasing sales by over 10% through earning trust. SiteLock’s Trust Seal also provides customer confidence and has been proven to substantially increase sales and conversions, with 70% of web visitors looking for a verifiable 3rd-party certification before providing personal data.
What Makes SiteLock Unique
360° Website Security Technology
Real website security means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. We have the technology to do it all — daily scanning, automatic malware removal, web app firewall, a global CDN for a blazingly fast website and our support team is here for you 24/7. Our dynamic Trust Seal shows visitors your website is safe, increasing conversions and ROI.
Schedule a Consultation Now!
Choose the best Managed Cloud Hosting experience for your business!